We understand that fostering a child or young person can be tricky at times so we offer a range of support to all our Foster Carers based on the child/young person or the Foster Carer’s needs.
The regular support a Foster Carer receives includes;
- A management team that has many years’ experience with fostering, either as Foster Carers or senior Social Workers.
- A weekly allowance depending on experience and training.
- A dedicated, qualified Social Worker who supports you to ensure best practice, keeping children/young people and Foster Carers safe.
- A 24 hour, 7 days a week, 365 days a year telephone contact with someone who knows you and your child or young person.
- An Agency Handbook with Policies and Procedures that are clear.
- A ‘matching’ process that involves you in the decision about who is placed with you and for how long.
- A dedicated channelfostercare.com email address for electronic communication that is fast, safe, economical and on record.
- Support at all professional meetings.
- Channel Fostercare Team Meetings.
- Foster Carer led Support Groups facilitated and funded by Channel Fostercare
- Activities that include the whole family.
- A varied training programme which gives you the skills to be a professional carer whilst complying with legislation, standards and regulations.
- Access to additional services such as Therapy, Education or Resource Worker as needed.
- Membership to Fostertalk – a professional magazine and helpline service.